The laws establishing the US biosimilar approval pathway were passed in 2010, but the years 2023 and 2024 can be pivotal for the biosimilar market. The introduction of adalimumab, ranibizumab, denosumab, and potentially ustekinumab biosimilars can establish the long-term durability of the model, but precipitously declining prices could threaten its market viability. Veteran biosimilar industry journalist and BR&R Content Director Stanton Mehr pragmatically reframes the conversation: How did we arrive at today’s critical juncture in the US biosimilar marketplace? What biosimilar categories will thrive or fail? What dynamic forces may drive a biosimilar future in the US?
The 2023 edition of BR&R’s biosimilar market report builds upon the previous work. The US Biosimilar Market: A History of Growth and Towards a Sustainable Future is a vital resource for those managing drug benefits, designing medical and pharmacy coverage policies, prescribing biologic medications, and those making decisions regarding their biosimilar assets.
This 94-page report covers the past, present, and future of the US biosimilar industry, and takes an in-depth view into multiple critical biosimilar categories. The report delineates the forcing factors that will allow for future success of biosimilars in America.
New for 2023:
- An expansive description of the biosimilar pipeline, with commentary on each of the most significant drug categories
- The primacy of payers as the dominating force in biosimilar coverage, access and utilization, and success
- A practical discussion of the concept of interchangeability in biosimilars helps and hinders the economic decision making for payers and manufacturers
- Factors that are improving the environment for biosimilars and threats, such as unintended consequences of the Inflation Reduction Act, which could potential stifle innovation in biosimilar development.
- A heavily updated Marketplace Insights section, to reflect the latest developments and trends
Note: This publication is supplied for personal use only. We are happy to provide discounted pricing for multiple copies.
There are no reviews yet.